Tuesday, July 22, 2008

1st post and con report!

Ok, so this is my blog. I decided to start one after I got home from Ikasucon '08 because I wanted a place to share funny stories from the convention. Thus, the blog is born. I will work on it as I get the chance (which could potentially be a lot right now, since I am currently unemployed). For now, I have a funny con story to share. Derek and I were in the dealer room talking with con guest Tristan McAvery (Gendou of Evangelion fame). For some reason, they both discovered that they really enjoyed cheese. During the weekend, Ft. Wayne was having a food festival and Tristan imparted onto us some of his cheese knowledge. As we were talking, a boy of I guess about 10 to 11 came up to us and asked us why we were talking about cheese. Now, at this point, I am in my Suzaku cosplay...I have bandages on my face and I am wearing dark sunglasses. I look down at the boy and simply ask, "why aren't YOU talking about cheese?" He paused, cocked his head to the side for a moment and then smiled a bit. He shook his head, said "ok, fair enough," and proceeded to walk away. We all enjoyed a small chuckle and then resumed our cheese conversation. Tristan then had partial brain failure as he tried to remember the name of a particular cheese. He kept giving clues but couldn't figure out his own riddle. Finally, Derek guessed Brie...to which both Derek and Tristan (at the same time) wave their left hands in a slight downward motion and say, "Thank you!" As we walked away from the actor, I slapped Derek on the shoulder and said, "congrats...you have bonded with Tristan McAvery and have the exact same mannerisms." It was definately one of those 'you had to be there' moments, but it was quite hysterical at the time.

There was so much greatness at the con, most of which will be in the video that Brittany is preparing. Keep and eye out for that one, I will post a link once its finished.

Until next time, keep hunting Zero!

No comments: